Vanilla Spice is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We understand that your personal data is entrusted to us and we appreciate the
importance of protecting and respecting your privacy. To this end we comply fully with the
data protection law in force in the UK (“Data Protection Laws”) and with all applicable
clinical confidentiality guidelines including those published from time to time by the General
you including our practices regarding the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal
data that we collect from you and/or hold about you, and your rights in relation to that data.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we process your personal data. By
providing your personal data to us or by using our services, website or other online or digital
platform(s) you are accepting or consenting to the practices as described or referred to in
What personal data may we collect from you?
When we refer to personal data in this policy, we mean information that can or has the
potential to identify you as an individual.
Accordingly, we may hold and use personal data about you as a customer or in
any other capacity, for example, when you visit our website, complete a form,
access our services or speak to us. Depending on what services you receive from us this
may include sensitive personal data such as information relating to your health.
Personal data we collect from you may include the following:
- information that you give us when you enquire or become a customer or patient of
us including name, address, contact details (including email
address and phone number)
- details of referrals, quotes and other contact and correspondence we may have had
- information obtained from customer surveys, promotions and competitions that you
may have entered or taken part in
- patient feedback and treatment outcome information, you provide
- information about complaints and incidents
- information you give us when you make a payment to us, such as financial or credit
Where you use any of our websites, we may automatically collect personal data about you
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your
computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in
types and versions, operating system and platform,
The data that we request from you may include sensitive personal data. This includes
information that relates to the mental or physical health or racial or ethnic origin (which may
include children’s data). By providing us with sensitive personal data, you give us your
explicit consent to process this sensitive personal data for the purposes set out in this
When do we collect personal data about you?
We may collect personal data about you if you:
- visit our website
- enquire about any of our services or treatments
- register to be a customer or patient with us or book to receive any of our services or
- fill in a form or survey for us
- carry out a transaction on our website
- participate in a competition or promotion or other marketing activity
- make payments
- contact us, for example by email, telephone or social media
- participate in interactive features on any of our website
How do we use your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept confidential and secure and will, unless you agree otherwise,
only be used for the purpose(s) for which it was collected and in accordance with this
Sensitive personal data related to your health will only be disclosed to those involved with
your treatment or care, or in accordance with UK laws and guidelines of professional bodies.
Further details on how we use health related personal data are given below. We will only use your sensitive personal data for the purposes for which you have given us your explicit consent to use it.
Please note that, although we have set out the purposes for which we may use your personal data below, we will not use your sensitive personal data for those purposes unless you have given us your explicit consent to do so.
We may use your personal data to:
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- provide you with information about products or services we offer that we feel may
interest you. Unless you have consented to receive marketing communications by
electronic means from us, by ticking the relevant box on the form on which we
collect your data, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with
information about products and services similar to those which you previously
purchased or enquired about from us
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to
- notify you about changes to our products or services
- respond to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- assess the quality and/or type of care you have received (including giving you the
opportunity to complete customer satisfaction surveys) and any concerns or
complaints you may raise, so that these can be properly investigated
- to conduct and analyse market research
- to ensure that content from any of our websites is presented in the most effective
manner for you and for your computer.
The security of your personal data
We protect all personal data we hold about you by ensuring that we have appropriate
organisational and technical security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access or
unlawful processing of personal data and to prevent personal data being lost, destroyed or
Any personal data you provide will be held for as long as is necessary having regard to the
purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with all applicable UK laws.
Disclosure of your personal data
In the usual course of our business we may disclose your personal data (to the extent
necessary) to certain third-party organisations that we use to support the delivery of our
services. This may include the following:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract
we enter into with you,
- organisations providing IT systems support and hosting in relation to the IT systems
on which your information is stored,
- third party debt collectors for the purposes of debt collection,
- delivery companies for the purposes of transportation,
- third party service providers for the purposes of storage of information and
confidential destruction, third party marketing companies for the purpose of sending
marketing emails, subject to obtaining appropriate consent.
Where a third-party data processor is used, we ensure that they operate under contractual
restrictions with regard to confidentiality and security, in addition to their obligations under
Data Protection Laws.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any
business or assets or where we are required by law to do so.
Health information collected during provision of treatment or services
Sensitive personal data (including information relating to your health) will only be disclosed
with your treatment or care, or in accordance with UK laws and guidelines of appropriate
If you have consented to our processing your personal data for marketing purposes, in
SMS) about our products and services which we consider may be of interest to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information in this way at any time.
Accessing and updating your information
The law gives you certain rights in respect of the personal data that we hold about you. In
addition to your right to stop marketing, detailed above, below is a short overview of the
most commonly-used rights. It is not an exhaustive statement of the law.
- With some exceptions designed to protect the rights of others, you have the right to
a copy of the personal data that we hold about you
- You have the right to have the personal data we hold about you corrected if it is
- If any of your personal data has changed, especially contact information such as: email address,
postal address and phone number please get in touch with so we can ensure your personal data is kept up to date.
- If you want to exercise your rights in respect of your personal data, the best way to do so is to contact us by email via our website.